The Queensland Entrepreneurs of Tomorrow Home-based Business Grant Program has been launched today. The program is designed for helping stay at home business owners start or grow their business. Applications for Stage One can be submitted from TODAY until 24th September 2015. This is a great opportunity to launch or grow your business with help from the Queensland government.
To be eligible for STAGE one you must:
- Have a QLD based business that meets the definition of home based
- At home – that is, most of the business’s work is carried out at the owner’s home
- From home – that is, the business does not own or rent any premises other than the owner’s home
- Have a least 1 child under the age of 12 in your care for 50% of the time
- Have a ABN (if you don’t run over and register now)
- Own at least 50% of the business
- Be an Australian resident residing in QLD
Direct selling businesses such a party plans are not able to apply for this grant.
To apply for the grant
Stage One applications are now open – head over to www.business.qld.gov.au/homebusinessgrants for the info and to https://dtesb.smartygrants.com.au/homebusinessgrants for the application form.
The first page is to establish whether or not you are eligible based on their above mentioned criteria. The second is the details about your business, such as ABN, address, contact details etc. Then it moves to the proposal.
What you can apply to use the funds for
You can use the funds, up to $2,500 to engage the following services:
- Professional business, tax, computing, legal or financial advice
- Business and Strategic planning
- Market research and marketing strategies, including branding strategies and social media/digital strategies
You must walk out of it with a business action plan designed to support and improve the business. This action plan is mandatory to get funding. You can hire multiple consultants that cover the above areas. For example: you can hire one consultant to develop your business and strategic plans and a second consultant to develop your digital/social media strategies
Stage One must be completed within 2 months of the date of APPROVAL. Once you receive approval for stage one you can then apply for stage two if you meet the additional criteria.
Go to the application form and start filling it in!
Little Biz Keeper will be offering consulting for Business and strategic planning as well as mentoring and coaching. Send through an email and we will hook you up with a proposal.
Talk About Creative is offering digital strategies – head over to http://www.talkaboutcreative.com.au/ to find out more!
Grab the opportunity and go!